Suddenly wild coffee cups appear on South Lawn in the absence of any humans, that’s because they’re all in the library studying right? No. The open textbooks and macs are there but the empty chairs suggest otherwise.
So then, where are all of the missing students? Have they been abducted, murdered, have they found some secret place to sleep or are they taking a trip in the Tardis to relearn the semesters work? It’s one of life’s biggest mysteries.
It can only mean one thing: Exam time.
Things I have learnt after my first exam period:
- Make sure to set ALL of the alarms
- Sleep will be impossible
- The uni will find out the worst possible timetable and you will get it
- 8:30am exams are a thing
- So are 5:15pm ones
- But don’t worry, they wont let you in until after 6pm
- The REB has a pretty ceiling
- It is okay to rock up in trackies or a onesie
- You will feel like a penguin beforehand
- 3,000 people is a lot
- You need to study harder during semester
- That thing you thought wouldn’t be on the exam- it is
- Caffeine withdrawal is a thing
- But that first cup after exams is heaven
- People will tell you how confident they are afterwards
- You’ll be pretty sure you’ve failed
- You might not actually fail